SleekMakeup Haul



So about a month ago I made a purchase off of the Sleek website (in the UK).  sleek is essentially a high quality drugstore brand with a reputation for great pigmentation & great prices
I love the idea of having a blush palette, it gives me a variety of options without having to open a world of different pots. These Sleek blushes honestly scared me a little bit when I first saw them. I mean just look how bright they are!!! And their swatches are just as true, so I wold advise using a very light hand when using them and possibly a less dense brush. For example the Sigma F40 (not the vegan synthetic brush) works really well at blending out these colours.


pumpkin blush by three palette - $12.49
Despite being so daunting, they look absolutely stunning on. Shockingly enough (even with my very pink toned skin) I found that I fell in love with the red toned blushes. When I wear these it simply looks like a have a natural flush to my skin.  I love it !



lace blush by three palette - $12.49
I was inclined to get this palette for two main reasons. Firstly, the middle blush in this palette has often been compared to that of  nars orgasm  blush (universally loved and flattering). It is a beautiful coral-pink with hints of light golden shimmer throughout. I do own the Nars Multiple Stick in Orgasm and would say that they are pretty darn close. This blush by 3 palette would serve as a great drugstore dupe.


face contour kit in light - $8.49
Now honestly I was not very impressed with the bronzer aspect of this palette. I found it to a bit streaky, slightly too dark (despite it being the lightest option) and also a little too warm (ie orange).
However I love the highlighting powder. Its adds the most beautiful glow to my face without being overwhelming or too noticeable. It is slightly pink toned and not at all chalky. 
So all over Thumbs up for highlighter. Thumbs down for bronzer.



oh so special eyeshadow palette - $9.99
If I had to use one word to describe this palette it would without a doubt be amazing.
I would probably say that the eyeshadow colours and formula are comparable to that of the Nude Tude palette by The Balm. They are highly pigmented and very buttery.
So if you are not inclined to fork out $36 for the Nude Tude, this palette by Sleek is a great dupe and also supplies a greater amount of product!! 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig