I've made this granola countless times and it never really turns out the same :P Im not very specific about it and generally just use whatever I can find lying around my kitchen.
This recipe goes SPLENDIDLY with some Greek Yoghurt, Honey and Fruit (like Strawberries, Apple and Bananas) :P
Hope you enjoy it!!!!
The Basic Granola....
1. 3 Cups Rolled oats
2. 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3. 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
4. 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
5. 1/3 Cup Honey
6. 1/4 Cup Oil
7. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1. you will need to preheat your oven to about 150*C or 300*F
2. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside
3. Combine all of your dry ingredients (Oats, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Salt)
4. In a second bowl combine all of your liquid ingredients (Honey, Oil and Vanilla Essence)
5. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry.
If you don't mind getting a little messy then use your hands to really rub the ingredients together. Otherwise use a cutting motion with a spoon or knife.
6. Divide the mixture between the two trays and spread thinly to the edges
7. Bake for about 15-20mins
Getting creative with your Granola....
1. Dried fruit
2. Crushed Nuts....I put them in a plastic bag and then vent a bit
of stress with the dough roller :P
3. Seeds ...Pumpkin, Sunflower, Sesame and Flaxseed (don't bake the flaxseed just
sprinkle them over at the end)
(Clockwise from 12:00 - Crushed Almonds & Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Flaxseed, Mixed seeds & sultanas and Sesame Seeds
Centre - Sliced Dried Apricot)
1. Take the two trays out of the oven and put the mixtures back into one bowl
2. Stir in your selected ingredients
3. Separate the mixtures and spread out onto the trays
4. Bak for another 20-30 mins...until the mixture is slightly golden (not brown....it will
go too crispy)
5. Take out of the oven to cool and then add it to some Yoghurt and fruit :D
6. Enjoy !!